Time-out!

I was taking a shower, enjoying some peace and quiet. Then my eldest son ran in, with barely concealed glee, brandishing a note. The note read: ‘Fuk’.

‘Mommy! That’s the word daddy said! I wrote it down so I could show you, because we’re not allowed to use thóse words!’
I frowned sternly, partly because because it’s hard to raise kids, if you also have to teach your hubby some manners. And partly because of his bad spelling!

‘How much punishment should daddy get?’ my son asked joyfully. But before I could give him my verdict he added: ‘How old is daddy?’
‘Fortysix!’
‘So daddy should get a time-out of 46 minutes!’ and he thundered down the stairs to give my husband the good news.

it just goes to show: giving a time-out by way of punishment is very useful.

It’s just a pity our kids are handing them out to ús.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. says

LOL. We all have those “oops” moments don’t we. I can’t say I’ve never sworn in front of my kids. And you’re too funny about the spelling. And just between you and me, I’d take a 40 minute time-out any day! ;) Might have to start swearing just to get the timeouts.

2. says

That’s so funny. We have a swearing jar in our house so that every time someone says something they shouldn’t they have to put a quarter in the swearing job. We figure it will help us and our visitors to keep a clean mouth around the baby and build up her college fund a little.

Cozy Creations

3. says

lol – poor hubby! So did he get the time out?
    I saw your post down below about the scissors. I feel your pain – my daughter have herself a haircut a couple weeks ago, cutting off about 8 inches from her bangs and sides. sigh.

4. says

My 4 year old repeats everything and DH just doesn’t seem to get it. I panic in fear of the day, he repeats something at school.
    I guess sometimes as parents we have to be ready for time out, cause….well, I guess we know better. lol

5. says

LOL this was such a cute story. If my 2-year old son hears someone say a bad word he says, “Don’t say that, that’s a bad word.” Loved this post!

6. says

Hi everybody, I visited everyone and left comments where I could.

Rachel Joy, I’ve forgotten how to get to your blog! But I wanted you to know I tried to hop by, because I really appreciate your comments!