- Consider the fact that your kids are free, to mean that yóú are free too. So no more doing the laundry, or the dishes and stuff. After all: it's yóúr vacation too!
- Silently expect your husband to pick up your slack. After all, if he really loves you he should know what you need from him.
- Invite all the neighbourkids for a pool party. Next to the sandbox. Then invite them into the house.
- Be spontaneous! Go on a trip on the spur of the moment. Just pile those kids into the car and drive off into the sunset. No boring packing, or preparing in advance. Who needs baby wipes or juice during a long trip.
- Parenting is hard work, so ease up on the rules, like 'Pick up after yourself,' and 'Don't hit your brother for looking at you 'funny'.
- Since the kids don't have to be in school early the next day, there's no need for bedtime. Just let them run wild all evening thereby ensuring you are never, éver, a moment alone.
- Get the kids lots of cheap squirt guns. They break easily so make sure you have a big stockpile, so when they inevitably break, your kids don't have to stop squirting!
- When you're done with being spontaneous, overschedule! Plan at least three outings per day, preferably during tropical temperatures.
- Go to Disney World during rush hour.
- Don't take any time for yourself. After all, there's no need! Because thís is your Summer Vacation too!
How nót to survive Summer Vacation
June 25, 2012