I’ve never been much of a pet person. I was one of those cruel moms who denied their kids the joy of having a pet.
But after we moved to the country and a house with a kitchen that had a door you could actually clóse, I suddenly felt room in both my heart and home, to fullfill the kids’ wish. So now we have two little kittens, who are brothers. And I’m amazed at how much I love having them around.
In fact after observing them for four months now, I feel I can learn an awful lot from them. So I made a list of things my cats taught me.
5 Lessons my cats taught me
- The importance of personal grooming. It’s okay to take lots of time to groom yourself!
- Amusing oneself with nothing: the cats can play for hours on end with just a little twig, or a fly. Sometimes they don’t even have that, and still they lurk around pretending to be a dangerous animal on the prowl. You don’t really need anything to have a good time.
- It is okay to just lie around, alternating sleep with just sitting there contemplating life.
- Do as you please. If you don’t wanna do something just pretend you didn’t hear. (This one comes in very handy in my life as a mom.)
- People will still like you, after you ignored them, and did as you damned well pleased.