Artificial Christmas tree for peace on earth, and peace of my mind!
When the kids were smaller we invested in an artificial Christmas tree, because as toddlers they had the unfortunately tendency to eat the needles that fell on the floor. So for the sake of my peace of mind, and the kids’ health, we lowered our standard and went fake.
But I have to say: it may be fake, but an artificial christmas tree is very handy and practical! After you’re done with Christmas you just stuff it back into its box until next year. And no poor tree has to die.
Plastic Christmas ornaments
We used paper and plastic Christmas ornaments instead of beautiful, shiny glass Christmas balls. That way it wouldn’t matter if the kids shook the tree, and Chrismas ornament fell down.
Since we knew we had definitely lost the quest for a stylish, grown up Christmas tree, we gave our kids free reign with there selfmade decorations. So our Christmas tree used to sport a lot of toilet rolls. And in the top of the tree, there’s a Christmas angel my eldes daughter made, alsof made from a toiletroll.
But even though our tree isn’t very chic, I still love it. And I love that it’s no-mainentance!
Blog Hop: Christmas Trees Collection 2012
I’m curious about your Christmas trees, so I started a blog hop: The Christmas Trees Collection of 2012!
Take a picture of your Christmas tree, post it on your blog, and enter your blog url and name in the form below!
What’s your Christmas tree story?
And if you feel like it, please tell us some things about your Christmas tree, and Christmas decorations! Here are some questions to get you going:
- When did you put up your Christmas tree?
- How tall is it?
- Do you decorate the Christmas tree on your own, of is it a family effort?
- Is it artificial or real? Why?
- Do you have any special Christmas tree decorations?
- When will you take it down?
Here are my answers:
- On december the 7th.
- About 6 feet
- Two of my five kids helped me.
- Artifical. Practical reasons!
- I love our Christmas toilet roll of an angel
- I’m aiming for January the 6th, but I’ve never made it… I always take it down beforehand, because I’m totally fed up with the holiday season by then.