|I admit it: when it comes to the phone|
I'm in the dark ages.
And I don't like gétting a phone call.
The need for an immediately reaction on my part renders me stupid. So you'll find me agreeing to all kinds of things I réálly don't want to do!
So I much prefer email above the phone.
Here's a list of the perks of email:
- Someone will réad your message when he or she has the time to do so. So you don't accidentally get them at a bad time.
- There's no need for an immediate response. You can weigh your words and think about what you want to say.
- After you've hit 'send' you can check what it was you said. This can also serve as proof! In other words: email provides you with a record of what was said.
- It's cheaper than making a phone call.
To be fair, I've also made a list of the drawbacks of email
- Sometimes you don't know if someone got your email?
- Some people take an awful long time to respond to their email. Sometimes so long it almost makes you want to pick up the phone to ask them if they got your email!
- You lose your tone of voice in an email. Words that were meant to be funny, can be interpreted as harsh and cruel. Which is why I love to use emoticons.
In spite of the drawbacks, I stíll prefer email!
I always tell people who want to contact me: 'It's best to email me! You'll get a much better response than if you put me on the spot by calling me on the phone.'
My phone use: practically non existent
I rarely use our phone. And I use my smartphone only to listen to music during my runs. And I seldomly call someone on their mobile. I always feel like I'm calling at a bad time. I'ld much rather call them at home. If they pick up, at least I know they're not busy doing something important.
Which one do you prefer? Email of picking up the phone?
Make sure you don't miss any posts on Momfever!