Don't you just hate the annual avalanche of articles telling you how to deal with your kids yelling:
'Mommy I'm bored?!'
I suspect they're written by experts, sitting behind their comfy desk, while sipping the cup of coffee their secretary just brought in. They probably thought: 'Ah! It's that time of year again! Let's hash out the same old stuff we did last year. Those moms won't notice!'
So I decided to write my very own list of boredom busters!
Six real boredom busters!
- Go the nearest Toys R Us and invest in: a WII, a Nintendo 3DS, an Xbox and a Playstation 3. Because who are we kidding?! Your kids aren't really bored, they just want their screentime. Don't forget to buy some games too, and you won't see your kids for days. Be sure to give them some extra vitamin D, to compensate for the lack of sunlight.
- Make sure your kid's problem doesn't become your problem. Say: 'Oh, mommy is so sorry you're bored. That must be so boring for you. How does that make you feel, to be so bored?'
- Get there first! Before your kid can open his mouth, moan: 'I'm soo bored. I just don't know whát to do!'
- Offer gruesome alternatives: 'Go and clean up your room! And when you've done that you can clean out our garage and give mommy a shoulder rub.'
- Let your child give the lawn a 'new haircut'. With child's scissors.
- Go all 'House on the prairie' on them, and tell them how you, when you were a child, got by with only a wooden spoon. Don't let them cover their ears to shut out the sound of your voice!
Because after all, you're worth it.
You just busted their boredom!