A car loses half its worth as soon as you drive it around the corner. A magazine loses its worth as soon as you've read the last page.
Books are a better investment
Books on the other hand, are a much bettter investment. After reading them you put them in your bookcase, and books are often read more than once. Also, you can sell them on Amazon.com if you don't want to keep them.
The ultimate battle of magazines versus books!
- They are relatively expensive
- They're filled with ads and advertorials
- They're too wimpy to stay upright in your bookcase
- Their content gets old really fast
- If you want to impress somebody, it's easier to say: 'I just finished Tolstoi' than to say 'I just finished Tatler!'
- Magazines have a tendency to make your living room look messy
- They're great if you have the attention span of a mosquito
- They're great to kill mosquito's with
- They usually cost less than a book
Which side are you on? The side of magazines or on the side of books?
Can you think of any more pros, and cons of magazines and books?